Communication – Windows & Android Devices
Industry Domain : POS System & Enterprise Reporting
This was one of the very unique requirements from the client. The aim was to build a communication channel between the Windows application which works as a server, a client application on a PoS device (running on android OS) with devices attached like printer, barcode scanner, IC card, IC card EMV, MSR, NFC, Mini LCD (to share messages and pictures) between the two applications. For cross-communication amid this complex setup, the windows, and the client applications make use of the TCP/IP protocol.
The client is based in South Africa, an excellent IT services provider focusing on the development, marketing, and support of complete platforms for extensive outlets for hotels, restaurants, retail and commercial businesses.
“We have outsourced our product development to Polyxer Systems. This has proved to be one of the best decisions. They have extended an excellent services and very well written code. And, if we need any help they respond immediately.”
- Meka'eel Gardner
The Windows application would serve as a server & a client.
- Case 1: The windows application can talk to android devices to give commands like print, scan, etc. Get feedback back to the windows server once the commands are executed with success, failure, and error.
- Case 2: The android device can connect to the Windows server using RDP and can execute case 1 to any device which is connected to the windows server.
Various shortcomings of the conventional windows POS device are listed down below:
- As per the stratagem incompatibility, there is no possible means of communication between an android peripheral and a windows POS device.
- Clients have to govern the POS device on the terminal.
Solutions From Polyxer Systems
- Beginning with the notion establishing to completing the product delivery to support, Polyxer Systems built a comprehensive product improvement team.
- To solve the basic concept and the related crisis that needed to be figured out, our professional business analysts get in touch with the clients.
- Assist our customers with a ‘go-to market' policy by establishing a minimum viable product (MVP) and staging the related characteristics.
- Recommended a pretty decent technology package keeping an account of both the long and short-term purposes.
- For the customer’s convenience, we’ve expanded our windows application. Clients can access peripheral device data of the android POS system via this application.
- Quick explanation and solution of print layout functionality for print customization.
- Whenever a communication channel gets built between an android POS system and a windows
- POS system, incorporate a third-party messaging framework to enable real-time data.
- We have used TCP / IP networks to allow communication between client and server.
- We have used the eneter communication library to establish the communication channel.
- When the android peripheral system is active, auto startup and auto-connection are available.
Automatic Barcode Scanner Event
Automatically Starts Android-Client Application
Conducts Multiple works
Quick Data & Command Transfer
Rapid Inter-OS Communication
- Enables rapid inter-OS communication between windows applications and android customers.
- Assures quick data and command transfer between connected devices.
- Facilitates customers to conduct multiple works like barcode scanning and printing in the android client application through RDP session.
- Zero requirements of starting the android client application manually.
- Automatically catches the barcode scanner event with its use.
Polyxer Systems Capabilities
- Product conceptualization
- IT protocol and Governance
- Windows application
- Android client application
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- QA Consulting and Advisory
- Test Execution and Reporting
- Decreased accounting time